2017 New Era Motopark Cup
July 1 & 2 are the final weekend of the 2017 New Era Motopark Cup, #mpcup
Friday practice before each weekend is 10am to 4pm. Practice will also run on the Monday after from 10am to 6pm. Practice fee is $35.
- TRANSPONDERS REQUIRED TO BE SCORED, MORE INFORMATION BELOW.
- NO RACING LICENSE REQUIRED, Motopark welcomes all racers to race the 2017 New Era Motopark Cup. No membership or licensing fees required to race.
CAMPING AND ADMISSION
All Motopark’s serviced sites are booked. There’s lots of primitive camping available, no reservation required. Primitive camping is $20 for the first night and $10 each additional.
Adult admission is $15 for the weekend. 12 and Under admission is $10 for the weekend. Kids 5 and under are free.
If you’re camping prior to Saturday and/or attending just one day you’re required to pay for the weekend. If you leave before 7pm Saturday night you’ll receive a refund at the front gate. GATE STAFF WILL REMOVE YOUR WRIST BAND AND ISSUE YOU YOUR REFUND. NO WRIST BAND, NO REFUND. No refunds will be issued after 7:00pm Saturday.
AWARDS, PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS
New Era, Canadian Tire (Southdown Rd. Mississauga), Fox, Mike Jackson GM (Collingwood), Tigwell Motorsports (Owen Sound), Tohatsu, Dundas Auto Body (Cambridge) and Rockstar are stepping up this weekend to support all of our amateur classes with great prizes and giveaways.
July 1 – New Era Cap giveaway, one for the first 300 riders to sign in, those who pre-register will have their cap reserved for them, (1 per rider).
Saturday July 1, round 3, Canadian Tire, and Mike Jackson GM will be giving away holeshot awards during the first moto on each track. A Main Track class holeshot will win you $50, and a Mini Track class holeshot will win you $25.
MP CUP AWARD (optional)
Motopark is proud to announce the MP Cup award in 6 divisions, 50cc, 65cc, Supermini, Ladies, Junior, Intermediate. To win an MP Cup, use the total points from two classes from each round to win your division. One of the two classes is a mandatory class used as a tie breaker. Riders may ride 3 classes but can only use points from the mandatory class and one of the other two classes. The third class can be used as a backup.
Mandatory Cup Class:
SUPERMINI SERIES AWARD
Fox will be giving away a helmet to the Supermini Champion (Separate from the MP Cup Award).
There will be a vendors area in front of the main building throughout the weekend. As well we will be running a flea market with lots of discounted used gear and parts in front of the shop.
THE OFF-ROAD CAFÉ
The Off-Road Café will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Featuring a full menu including our most popular items, Moto Muffin’s and Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. No need to stock the fridge when you come to Motopark. Hours below;
- Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Saturday 7:00am – 7:00pm (Serving dinner from 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Sunday 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Monday 8:00am – 5:00pm
No pit bikes are allowed at Motopark on race days. Golf Karts are to be driven by licensed adults only, passengers must be seated. Race bikes may be driven to the starting line. First gear only. No motorized vehicle of any kind to be ridden in the spectator/vendors/sign in area in front of the restaurant.
The main gate is staffed 24 hours. No one will be allowed into the main pit area between the hours of 12 p.m. and 7 a.m. Vehicles arriving during those hours will be staged in the overflow area. Please shut generators off at 11 p.m. Security will also be on duty. Should you have any concerns overnight please report to the main gate.
No Fireworks, please don’t bring any fireworks. WE WILL PROVIDE A “CANADA 150” FIREWORKS SHOW SATURDAY NIGHT AT DUSK.
Want to beat the lines or sleep in an extra half hour on race day? Pre-registration is not mandatory you can sign up at the event. Pre-registering costs an additional $2 per transaction (not per entry). Main track classes, have your transponder number ready for registration. Mini track classes will not be using transponders. Pre Registration closes at 12 noon Friday. Registration opens at the track from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday evening.
- If you’re pre-registering and racing both days, you’ll need to register separately for each round.
- Pre register by following this link: http://secure.tracksideonlineresults.com/motopark/ (Once you register online all you have to do is head to the registration trailer located at the finish line or head up to Off-Road Cafe and sign the waiver. Then you’ll receive a wrist band the proves you signed the waiver.)
- TRANSPONDERS REQUIRED TO BE SCORED.
- Mini track classes will not be using transponders.
- All main track classes will be using transponders.
- You can race without a transponder but you will not be scored or win any awards.
- Buy one from MyLaps – buy a transponder.
You must have numbers on your bike. Numbers can be allocated and purchased at the track.
- Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm, open practice, $35.
- Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm, early race sign in.
- Saturday 7:00am – 8:30am, race sign in.
- Saturday 8:30am, MANDATORY RIDERS MEETING.
- Saturday 9:00am, practice starts.
- Saturday 10:30am approximately, racing starts.
- Saturday 6:00pm, Motopark Saturday night BBQ, $15 chicken & $17 steak tax included.
- Saturday 7:00pm, paintball ($25 for gear and a full gun, extra balls are $10 per 100)
- Saturday 10:15pm, fireworks show.
- Sunday 7:00am – 8:30am, race sign in for those who did not register Saturday.
- Sunday 8:40am, riders meeting.
- Sunday 9:00am, practice starts.
- Sunday 10:30am approximately, racing starts.
- Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm, open practice, $35.
- Saturday evening, July 1, Shift Holeshot Challenge (more details posted on Instagram and Facebook this week)
- Saturday evening, July 1, Cornhole and MP-Pong in the Marketplace paddock.
- Firewood, head up to the front gate, $10 a grain bag full.
- Fireworks, you can donate all fireworks at the front gate, for our Saturday night fireworks show. NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED IN PITS. We will provide a professional fireworks show at 10:15pm
- Paintball, $25 for gear and a full gun, gun refills are $15. Games will happen after racing, sign up for paintball at the Off-Road Café.
- Adults, single day: $10
- Adults, weekend: $15
- 12 and under, single day: $7
- 12 and under, weekend: $10
- 5 and under: Free
- One Night: $20
- Two Nights: $30
- Three Nights: $40
- Additional Nights: $10
MAIN TRACK RACE ENTRY FEE PER DAY
- One class: $35
- Two classes: $65
- Three classes: $85
MINI TRACK RACE ENTRY FEE PER DAY
- One class: $25
- Two class: $45
- Mini Track
- 50 Pee Wee (4-6)
- 50 Pee Wee (7-8)
- 50cc GP
- 65cc B
- Beginner Four-stroke
- Mini GP (50cc / 65cc Open)
- Main Track
- 65cc Pee Wee (7 – 9)
- 65cc Pee Wee (10 – 11)
- 65cc GP
- 85cc (7-11)
- 85cc (12-16)
- Super Mini
- Ladies A
- Ladies B
- 250 Beginner
- Open Beginner
- 250 Junior
- 450 Junior
- Open Junior
- Open Intermediate (100% prize purse)
- MP Cup Open (minimum ability intermediate, 200% prize purse)
- School Boy (13 – 17)
- Youth 14 to 24 (Beginner / Junior)
- Youth 14 to 24 (Intermediate / Pro, 100% prize purse)
- Vet 25+ (Beginner / Junior)
- Vet 25+ (Intermediate / Pro, 100% prize purse)
- Vet 35+ (50% prize purse)
- Vet 45+ (50% prize purse)