Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team duo Dean Wilson and Jason Anderson stormed the Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney to lay down an incredible 1-2 finish before a jam-packed crowd on the first night of the AUS-X Open. The fourth round of the Australian Supercross Championship saw Glasgow-born Floridian Dean Wilson punch his Husqvarna FC 450 into the lead at the race’s half-way point, and hold that top spot to claim the first Aussie supercross national win in Husqvarna’s history.
Jason Anderson extended the occasion to make it the first 1-2 in the premier class, with what was hands-down the ride of the night.
He started the final by becoming collateral damage in a crash that forced him back behind the pack. Unfazed, Anderson held the crowd breathless as he carved his way through the field into the runnerup slot, soaring his powerful Husqvarna FC 450 across the finish line less than two seconds behind teammate Dean Wilson.
It was the second Husqvarna appearance on the podium of Australia’s most prestigious supercross event in as many years.
The Aus-X Open commenced Sunday evening for night two of racing. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team riders Jason Anderson and Dean Wilson powered their Husqvarna FC 450s to a second straight 1-2 finish.
Jason Anderson showed his speed and eased into second place by lap two. He hammered down and made the pass for first place, finishing more than seven seconds over teammate Dean Wilson.
Wilson who had to come through the traffic; coming from fifth on Lap 1, he’d powered his Husqvarna FC 450 into third by Lap 2, and second on the third lap. Finding himself just over two seconds behind his teammate, Wilson pushed hard and traded faster laps with Anderson for a short period, before the latter began to ease away, while Wilson himself built a huge 20+ second buffer over third place. He would ultimately finish in second for night two. The performances completed a remarkable clean sweep for the Husqvarna pair, who dominated every heat, SuperPole and final over the course of the weekend.
Race Results SX1 Australian Supercross Championship 2017 – Rd4 Sydney:
1. Dean Wilson, Rockstar Husqvarna 10:53.745 (20 laps)
2. Jason Anderson, Rockstar Husqvarna +1.705 sec
3. Daniel Reardon, Kawasaki +6.633
4. Kade Mosig, Yamaha +11.268
5. Dean Ferris, Yamaha +16.510
6. Nathan Crawford, Kawasaki +17.736
7. Dylan Long, Yamaha +18.416
8. Justin Brayton, Honda +1 Lap
9. Jesse Dobson, Honda +1 Lap
10. Todd Waters, Honda +1 Lap
Race Results SX1 Australian Supercross Championship 2017 – Rd.5 Sydney:
1. Jason Anderson, Rockstar Husqvarna 10:40.658 (20 Laps)
2. Dean Wilson, Rockstar Husqvarna +7.345 Sec
3. Justin Brayton, Honda +22.825
4. Daniel Reardon, Kawasaki +28.497
5. Nathan Crawford, Kawasaki +30.992
6. Daniel Herrlein, Suzuki +1 Lap
7. Dylan Long, Yamaha +1 Lap
8. Robbie Marshall, Honda +1 Lap
9. RJ Hamshire, Honda +1 Lap
10. Kade Mosig, Yamaha +1 Lap